How do I customize the "Insert Symbol" dialog?

Useful stuff for users and developers of the XML based dynamic publishing system "Arbortext". All information in this wiki came from posts to the Arbortext Adepters mailing list that were identified by members of that list as being extremely useful because the mailing list has moved around over the years. For more information see the group FAQ.

This forum and its sub-forums are open to the public.
Forum rules
Discussion posts to this group should be relevant to Arbortext users. Posts on other products or from vendors are welcome, so long as the post also mentions or includes Arbortext in the subject matter. General posts on dynamic publishing and posts from vendors other than PTC will be subject to higher scrutiny and should generally avoid posting here (especially if the referenced material does not mention Arbortext). Advertisement posts for other products (e.g., "check out my product as an alternative") are not welcome. This forum is for Arbortext users to communicate with other Arbortext users about working with Arbortext products.

All posts to this forum are moderated.

liz

How do I customize the "Insert Symbol" dialog?

Postby liz » Mon Jun 15, 2015 5:21 pm

Credits to Alice Roberts and Lynn Hales for the recipe
Last Updated: 2006-08-31

Place a command like the following in your instance.acl file, so it is called every time a file is opened of that particular doctype. This makes a dropdown list available of just the specified entities. The reduced list is available if you click on the small down arrow. Users still would have access to the complete list of symbols by clicking on the Omega symbol icon.

Code: Select all

set entitylist = "alpha beta rarr epsiv Oslash pi Theta sim Aring equiv";

Return to “Arbortext Code Archive (adepters.org) (Public)”