Back Office - Hacking your Interactive Technical Content

Video recordings, slides, and sample content from the Arbortext Monser Garage series.
liz

Back Office - Hacking your Interactive Technical Content

Postby liz » Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:41 am

Presenter: Duan Gauche, ProductOne
Venue: Arbortext Monster Garage, 9 December 2011

In this session of Arbortext Monster Garage series by Single-Sourcing Solutions, Duan Gauche will show you how to band-aid Arbortext SIS and get your parts list out of Creo Illustrate and into Arbortext. Duan Gauche will show how to place your parts list in Arbortext Editor. He's going to show a small app that he developed that opens a Creo Illustrate file and then automatically inserts the parts list from the selected figure into your editor session at the current position of the cursor.

Video:

His original blog post
http://p1arbortext.wordpress.com/2011/10/12/band-aid-for-ptc-arbortext-sis/

liz

Re: Back Office - Hacking your Interactive Technical Content

Postby liz » Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:44 am

Original Blog Post by Duan Gauche, ProductOne - reproduced here for convenience
https://p1arbortext.wordpress.com/2011/10/12/band-aid-for-ptc-arbortext-sis/

-:-

I have noticed that PTC does not yet provide a way to place your parts list in Arbortext Editor.

Obviously this is a bit of a gaping wound… so with all that pain, one needs a bit of aspirin and a band-aid.

While I can’t help you with the aspirin, I can help you with some band-aid. I have developed a small app that opens a Creo Illustrate file and then automatically inserts the parts list from the selected figure into your editor session at the current position of the cursor.

I have also added a video demo of how it works:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Arbortext Monster Garage”